Wednesday, January 19, 2005

19 Jan 2005

Woke up at 4.30 pm. After getting dressed and have everything packed and stowed away, still had lots of time to kill. The CD player was playing Mariah Carey-Honey over and over again (in case you don’t know, I always play a song that I like sooo many times that I think it’s beginning to drive my housemates crazy!) Anyway, I was sitting on my bed singing to the song, then suddenly I felt the urge to look at my passport. I got up, reached for my passport and flipped to the last page where my picture was. “ God! I look hideous!” Then I looked at the date of issue- 04 Feb 2000! I felt that something was wrong, then I looked again. To my horror, my passport was valid until 04 Feb 2005!

I quickly rushed to the airport only to find out that I could leave Malaysia, but not permitted to enter Hong Kong. I cancelled my flight and changed it to a later date. I just sat down in a quite corner to calm down. I can’t help but feel sad. Then a grumble from my stomach mad me realize I haven’t had breakfast since I got up. Sadly, I dragged my luggage to McDonalds. The friendly employee greeted me with such cheerfulness but I just can’t even smile back at him. The Big Breakfast I ate was tasteless, even the orange juice was like water L

After depriving my body of the necessary nutrients, I supposed the low blood glucose level is really taking a toll on my thinking ability. After finishing breakfast, I left my luggage at the Left Luggage area at the rate of RM10 per day. Then I took the KLIA Transit to the Bandar Tasik Selatan station for RM26.50. The ride is about 30 minutes. From the station I changed to Star LRT and headed to Bandaraya station for RM1.70. At the station I asked for directions to the Immigration Department. It’s located in the Wilayah Complex, about 15 minutes walk from the LRT station. After all the commotion of filling up forms, photocopying documents and taking photos, I was actually relieved to know that I could collect my passport the next day.

A few phone calls later, I’m out to meet a friend from Sabah. Funny to think that I wouldn’t have a chance to see him again if I had left that morning as scheduled.
Moral of the story? Remember to check your passport!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home