Thursday, January 20, 2005

20 Jan 2005

I can’t believe I spent the last 45 minutes of my first day in Hong Kong running around in the airport. My rescheduled flight was supposed to leave at 6.45pm but due to “Unforeseen Circumstances” it was delayed to 7.40pm. I arrived in Hong Kong at 11.13pm. My flight took about 3 hrs and 22 minutes.
If I hadn’t asked for a window seat I would’ve been sitting right next to the lavatory!! Can you believe that! But at least I get to have my own little TV screen where they show in flight movies. I watched Wimbledon, a movie about tennis starring Kirsten Dunst and Paul Bettany. It was kinda boring but at least it’s better than nothing! J
I really have to tell you about the guy who sat next to me. His name is Mr. Chin, he’s a “Professional Services Director” of Comex GeneSys, at least that’s what’s written on his name card. I can’t believe I actually initiated the conversation. Usually I don’t even care about taking to people but I was really bored. Believe it or not, I actually sat in the KLIA ( Kuala Lumpur International Airport) alone for 5 hours!! God knows why I did that!! Guess it’s because I didn’t want anything unexpected to happen as I really was determined to head to Hong Kong.
When the plane touched down, I was really glad. My spirits were high (I didn’t have any alcohol, though the air stewardess did offer beer, hmm.. should have had some) and I just couldn’t believe I’m finally in Hong Kong. While waiting for my luggage at the baggage reclaim area, I took a few travel brochures by the Hong Kong Tourism Board. It was really helpful, I I used them to plan for my activities in Hong Kong when I was here for a holiday about 2 years ago.
My aunt was at the airport to pick me up. We took the bus no. A31 to Dai Wo How Sports Centre. The bus ride costs $17.00 and took about half and hour. When I got to my grandma’s house, I was really really tired and went straight without taking a bath!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home