Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Moggy in KKB: Part I

23 May 2005

Dooms day! I’m going to KKB (Kuala Kubu Baru) today. Left Bukit Jalil at 5.15pm. Felt reluctant to leave the comforts of civilization, there’s really nothing much in KKB, I’d rather be back home in Sabah, which I am, on Saturday! Shared the pineapple tarts I bought from Melaka with everyone on the bus. Felt like an air stewardess, “Coffee, tea or me?”

We finally arrived in Taman Seruling at around 6.30pm. I’m staying with Jacqueline, Yen Nie, Chiew Yee and Adelyn. The person in charge gave us a briefing in the IMU office. Apparently, there was a big fuss among the residents here complaining about the noise that we make. Like, Hello? We’re uni. Students, that’s what we do best ;P

The house was a mess! There’s practically dust everywhere! We took about an hour to clean up the place. I can immediately feel the post nasal drip, which is a sign of allergy, when I step in. The problem was, we have a broken broom (which gave me a terrible backache), no dust pan and no mop, while the house next door has a dust pan, no broom and no mop either. All of us were furiously cleaning the house while cursing IMU.

We all then went out for dinner in the small little town in a Chinese kopitiam. The Kon Loh Mee was nice and cheap. The only thing that I love the about the place is that the food is cheap, the noodle was only RM2.20. It doesn’t taste that bad either! One thing to keep in mind is that most of the shops are closed on Mondays. Even “the most happening place in KKB” is closedL.

I must talk about “the most happening place in KKB”. It’s the place where all of us, the young, cool and hip crowd hang out after dinner. This is no ordinary place, this is THE waffle and ice-cream shop. Yes, the one and only in KK, where you can grab a 2 scoop ice-cream with a waffle cone for only RM1.20. Too bad it was closed todayL. We’ll have to come back tomorrow.

The first thing that I’ve learned in KKB is----------- Mahjong! It was really fun, we also played a few rounds of BINGO. I can finally understand why the residents are so angry, we were really loud!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger pink dolphin said...

Hey i din't get any tarts!!! Save some ya!!! I'll be off to KKb next Thursday...cant wait....hah ha..yup, we dont think alike....

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home