Monday, June 06, 2005

Moggy in KKB: Part IV

26 May 2005

We were almost late again this morning. We all slept very late thanks to the Korean drama series. We just couldn’t stop! We had case presentations on the morning. Cr. Lim was very excited about the whole thing. The rest of us looked half dead. And again she mentioned about Vasan! “Aren’t you excited?!?!?!?” It’s just the same old boring day. After clerking my patient, stayed in the briefing room to catch some ZZZZZs. Sister Rita came in around 11.30am to write down the bedside teaching sessions on the board. To my horror, I got Dr. Sevu again!

The bedside teaching session was terrible. Dr. Sevu kept calling me Ah Moi, and he was very loud! I have to admit he’s a really good with the whole lecturing thing, I’ve actually learned a lot from him, especially about the IVP/IVU. It’s not as easy as we think it is. You’d have to prepare the patients 48 hours before the procedure. Then when injecting the dye, you’ll have to set up a drip just in case the patient is allergic to the dye and it wouldn’t be too late in case an anaphylactic shock occurs. When injecting the dye, you have to inject a little bit then wait for a few minutes, if there aren’t any adverse reactions, then inject the remaining dye. These are the things that they don’t teach you in school. When doing tests on patients, we are supposed to do less invasive procedures first, like blood test, ultrasound, x-ray etc. The invasive procedures like angiogram and IVP/IVU are last resorts. He’s nice but if only he’d stop calling me Ah Moi. Now everyone’s calling me Ah Moi.

People from group B came in to KKB today! And guess who’s in it? The SSKB! Saw him when we all went for dinner at 98. Arghh! I’m going crazy!

It’s our last night here. We’re still hooked on to the Korean drama series—Love in Paris. We agreed to stop halfway to pack our stuff cos we’d really have to wake up early tomorrow. Can’t believe we’re finally going home! Seems like yesterday when we just got here. We’re eventually adapted to life in KKB with the help of a laptop and a few discs.

I so wanted to tell SSKB about how I feel but as usual he didn’t reply my message. I wonder if he knows what I want to tell him. It seems like he’s avoiding me. Maybe I shouldn’t tell him after all. He wouldn’t understand anyway. Hopefully I can just get over him as soon as possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger pink dolphin said...

She mentioned me??? God, now I'm stressed, cos I have not been studying!!! Damn it!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home