Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Now Everyone Can Fly

Was forced to fly with AirAsia back to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, because I couldn’t get supersaver tickets from MAS( Malaysia Airlines). There are only limited number supersaver tickets per flight. It’s half the price of full fare tickets. I’m not saying that Air Asia is not good, well, at least it’s another option for travelers who are erm on a rather tight budget and are willing to give up on the usual services by the airlines like inflight meals, magazines, friendly and beautiful air-stewardess who are every so willing to help you. I realize the golden rule of “What you pay is what you get”.

It was a relief to find out that my flight was as scheduled. I’ve asked the ground staff N times about the flight. If you didn’t know this, AirAsia is famous for having delayed flights other than cheap tickets. This is actually the FIRST time my flight is on schedule. It was only late by 10 minutes, I’d still consider it on time considering that it’s Air Asia.

Yeah, but I pity the people on the previous flight, why? Here’s the story: My flight was AK108, scheduled to depart from KLIA at 5.10pm. The flight before me,AK106, which is also arriving in Kota Kinabalu, was scheduled to depart at 3.25pm. What happened was flight AK106 was delayed, not only so, their departure gate was also changed from who knows where to my gate, which is A10. It didn’t bother me thought. The place was spacious enough to fit in everyone. What really pissed me off was that they combined the 2 flights, i.e. AK106 and AK108, which accommodated the total of the passengers just nicely, I think all the seats onboard were occupied. Wait, combining flight didn’t really piss me off, the thing is that they did not announce it! Nope, no proper “Flight Ak106 and Ak108 has been combined, sorry for any inconvenience caused….blah blah blah blah”. It was only till most of the passengers have boarded then the ground staff actually came over and told us! This is absolutely crazy! I sooooo wanted to give her a total laryngectomy!

The plane finally took off, I can’t help but breath a sigh of relieve. Halfway through the flight, I was really hungry (AirAsia doesn’t include in-flight meals) so I reached for the menu, and yes, they sell food on board, which is a total rip off. A hot cup noodle is selling at a 600% profit margin! This is the price you pay for cheap tickets. I bought a cup of hot Milo for RM3. I was in a terrible mood.

Finally, the plane reached Kota Kinabalu. The landing was terrible! I’m just glad we’re finally on the ground. So much for flying with AirAsia…. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home