Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Life’s Little Luxuries

2 more weeks till exam. 2 more systems to go, yet my brain still cannot register anything. Everything seems so familiar yet so distant. The odd thing is, I don’t feel terror, I don’t feel fear gripping me… Adrenal insufficiency? Probable. Of perhaps it’s just this state of mind that I have. I’ve learned that it’s actually important to remain calm in whatever situation you’re in. In doing so, you’re more likely to think and act accordingly. At least that’s what I think.

Caught up with a girlfriend from KK, haven’t seen her for about 3 months. And it feels like yesterday since we last went out for a drink. How time flies! Had Caramel Macchiato (it’s somehow a fancy name for Latte with vanilla and caramel syrup, nonetheless, it’s delicious. Many thanks to the guy who recommended it to me, was hoping I’d see him today, but that’s another story) and Mocha Raisin Muffin <--- and that was my lunch for today. How I managed to do that, I really have no idea but I think I’m wearing out my pancreatic cells.
“To my dear pancreas: Sorry, I tried on this dress that I really like today, it’s from Melinda Looi and it’s the perfect dress—sweet light green hue with red cherries, halter, plunging neckline, cutting is just nice, knee length. I look wonderful in it. Problem is, I might need to shed a few pounds. So, the bottom line is---- more OTs!!”

Went shopping with my girlfriend after coffee. Not much of a sale going on, bummer! Wanted to get a pair of ballerina pumps, but all that walking around was fruitless. Much to my horror, I’ve discovered that the pair that I intended to buy after reading about it in the magazine (it’s not cheap either: Rm250 from Clarks) was far from how I’ve imagined it to be. I wouldn’t say it’s ugly, per se, save for the fact that it’s rather dull. Not the price that I’d pay for a pair of shoes, even though it is very comfortable. I’d rather use the money to buy something else.

Stopped by an Aēsop counter (Aēsop is a brand very well know from Australia, it uses all natural ingredients and very pricey!) to try out some beauty products. It was a temporary counter, just under the escalator around the South court, opposite British India. Was sitting down comfortably and having the back of my hand washed (they usually don’t wash or put any products on your face for fear of eliciting an allergic reaction, they’d be in deep sh*t if that happens) when this lady sitting opposite me started screaming. I looked to my left to see the display case toppling over. I stood up as soon as I realize what’s happening and tried to stop it from crushing my friend who’s actually sitting with her back facing it. It was rather heavy, someone could’ve gotten hurt! My girlfriend and I weren’t sure how it actually happened but we think a little boy accidentally knocked it over. That was horrifying. The moral of the story is--never go near any display cases which have a high center of gravity, EVER!

Well, best thing is I’ve bought a lot of presents today. I just love wrapping the presents, putting them in boxes and tying them up with big beautiful ribbons. I love the big and beautiful smile on people’s face when they see it. I call my creations: “Life’s Little Luxuries----wrapped in a box, sealed with love and sincerely yours”.

#Jenny’s ideal present: A hot sexy guy with low slung CK jeans, ZARA shirt, white NIKE sneakers and the most important: a silver ribbon tied round his wrist. Standing at the door, he’d look me in the eyes and say, in a very sexy voice, “I’m yours tonight”. Mmmm… sinfully delicious. OMG! Can’t stop drooling. *LOL* Dream on baby! Dream on! #


Caramel Macchiato and Mocha Raisin Muffin--- delicious...


“Life’s Little Luxuries----wrapped in a box, sealed with love and sincerely yours”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home