Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Wakey! Wakey! {i'm so gonna miss u saying tat...}

Buckle up… this is gonna be a hell of a ride…

02.10am, Howie Day- She Says

Been going through some emotional rollercoaster lately, the loop-to-loop thing is just too much. Feel like puking…. seriously…. time to get off….

The first time I set eyes on him was on the way down the staircase, between the 2nd and 3rd floor. He was climbing up, and I prancing down. I smiled, he didn’t.

*roll eyes*Geesh! What’s his problem!?!?

There he is again, alone in the corner. I kept stealing glances at him. Had to leave... Damn… would have been so cool if I hadn’t look back.

02.29am, Barbara Streisand- The way we were

We exchanged numbers, and he left in a hurry. Then it suddenly struck me, I didn’t know his name. I ran after him but he was gone. My phone rang. I smiled---- it was him.

There he was, at the end of the corridor. I smiled as he approached, and finally for the first time, he smiled back. For a moment, I felt time froze there and then. No, it went slow motion, then stopped for a split second. Finally, everything else just whizzed past.

02.45am, Our Lady Peace- Somewhere Out There

I can’t go on anymore. I feel like a fool, holding on to all these little and insignificant fragments of memories. Running them through my mind again and again. I realize I was standing out there all alone all along. Was it just me, or was it me? I wonder. I took a minute to ponder upon that question. It was only me being me.

There’s so many things that I wanted to tell him and so many questions. But yet I held them all back. Angry and frustrated, I vowed never to think of him again. But, I couldn’t. I even resorted to other pleasures, yet everything felt empty and meaningless at the end of the day. I wish he could just hold me tightly, tell me he needs me, or at least let me tell him--I need him. But I can’t. I couldn’t. After all, I’m in no position to negotiate. Neither am I entitled to any form of bargaining. The power of decision was never in my hands. Never had the right cards anyway.

02.58am, Absolute Silence

I’m tired. I hesitated, savoured every word then pressed Delete. I watched as the messages disappear forever. I watched as the screen went blank for a second. Then another, and another, and another…. This was the fun and flirty you. That was the honest you. Then another one, the apologetic you. Delete Message? Yes….

Guess it’s back to square 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home