Sunday, July 23, 2006

who knew??

I guess sometimes life is just full of surprises. My life took a turn and ended up with someone I would never forget for the rest of my life.
I love the way your hand reaches out to hold mine, the way you make me laugh, the silly joke about the little boy at the wedding that you told me, the time when you held me real tight in your arms when I reached out for you…. I’ll never ever forget those moments. For once, I felt safe. Yes, I’m in safe hands, as you’ve always said *laughs*.
Two complete strangers in two completely different worlds. Anything and everything would require a leap of faith for the both of us. For once I feel afraid. The uncertainties are unbearable. You told me to be strong and face it, I can’t. Forgive me. I must run away. I must leave before I sink any deeper. Neither here nor there. What’s left for us? I ask myself. Nothing. And you knew that too. I turned around and took one last look at you. Capturing the moment, I know that would be the last time I’ll see you.

“If someone said three years from now
You'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them out
Cause they're all wrong and
That last kiss I'll cherish
Until we meet again
And time makes it harder
I wish I could remember
But I keep your memory
You visit me in my sleep
My darling
Who knew…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home