Thursday, August 24, 2006

A place to call home...


I was actually back home in good old KK for the holidays. Was sick for 1 whole week, in which was the right thing at the right time, I presumed. I couldn’t imagine myself sick, alone and away from home. Being back home, it was different. I could really sleep soundly, not having to wake up in the middle of the night at the slightest sound. Worst nights would’ve been during thunderstorms, with the heavy rain pouring like mad and the wind wailing, could hardly sleep a wink, as I lay curled up in my bed.

All the worries seem to just melt away the instant my plane touched down at the airport. I’m home, I told myself. A soldier at war, I find myself constantly struggling to stay alive. Coming home has always been something I look forward to.

However crazy this may sound, home does not feel like home anymore. Being evicted from my own room, which now belongs to my brother, I was crammed up in the same room with my sister and all her stuff. All of which I could call my space was the bed, a 45cmx45cm stool to put my knickknacks, whatnot, so that they won’t become lost treasures of the room when I leave, and my luggage bag. Even my toiletries are kept in a bag. More so, I had to adjust to everyone’s schedule, which is so complicated that I completely lost track of what’s going on, what’s supposed to happen and what happened. I have no idea where things are, not even the slightest hint where they keep my old stuff.

My home had always been my sanctuary. Off late, I’ve been doing some thinking and the fact is, I’ve been running away from my problems, which means I wouldn’t have to deal with it for that short span of time. Which also kinda explains why I dread to leave. But I realize that my life is here. What I have been struggling with, life changing experiences, and people that I have met. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. Sad to say that I must grow up and not shirk from responsibilities, life is never a bed of roses, but it’s been pretty okay for me so far.
I'm HOME!!!

My room in S'ban. The floor lamp is a gift fr a special some1, which serves to remind me of things that I should not do, but.....

Perfect for a tete-a-tete.

1 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

You need a desperately fine red kilim carpet!! Would match perfectly with the rest.

Paul

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home